Be A Part Of The Team
MediaBeast is currently looking for writers in these areas:
- Original Content (editorials, videos etc.)
- Contributors for Gaming News
- Handhelds (Nintendo DS, Sony PSP)
- Mobile Phones (Iphone, Android)
- Weekend Writers
- Possibly Celebrity Gossip writers?
MediaBeast is looking for consistent writers who are passionate about Gaming, Music, Movies, Comics, and other forms of media.
Those who may be interested in applying to be a writer for MediaBeast.net have to have an overwhelming passion and skill for their particular topics (movies, games, comics, etc.) You must also be able to express your thoughts in a fun and intelligent manor that receives responses.
We have a lot of fun at MediaBeast, but we also want people who are able and willing to work to get the job done, so being dedicated is very important to us. You need to love what you write about, and what you do because in each writer there is something that makes them special and different from any other writer. Oh and did I say dedication? I don’t know if I expressed that enough.
If this sounds like you then feel free to contact us and get ready to be a part of an amazing team. We request that your initial inquiry includes at least two of your best samples that show off your style in media.
Also, please list any previous writing experience that you may have and let us know if you are familiar with WordPress. We firmly believe that you must have confidence in yourself and your skills before others will, so tell us what makes you special and sets you apart from others?
We read all applicants initial contact and writing samples, so please be patient when it comes to us responding. While we try to do our best to answer each person in a timely manner, sometimes it can take a few days. Each person will receive a response and if we feel you would make a great addition to our team, we will request more information from you. If you think we’ve made a mistake by passing you up, then write us something really creative and prove us wrong! We only know as much about you as you tell us.
We request that each person looking to apply can meet these basic rules and guidelines:
- Skilled in the use of the English language
- There is also a zero tolerance for plagiarism, no questions asked.
- Two to three posts per day, MINIMUM consisting of gaming news, editorials, reviews, music, comics, or any special projects as requested. If there are any special conditions in which you are unable to meet the minimum writing requirement then please let the appropriate senior staff member know so that you are not removed from your position.
- Technically and grammatically near-perfect
- Passionate about your given Topic,knowledge of the latest and past games and the industry itself (if you plan on writing about comics, movies, or music you should still have thorough knowledge about that topic). You need to be able to intelligently defend yourself against forums trolls and elitists.
- Extensively knowledgeable about the industry
- Prepared to dedicate time and effort to your writing
- An active, enthusiastic team player
- Able to produce quality content and work independently
- No drama, period. Intelligent conversation and joking between staff and community members is encouraged, but anything that even remotely crosses the line of decency will NOT be tolerated.
If you are still reading this and you still want to write for Mediabeast.Net you will be given a two week probationary period where everything that you do will be put under a microscope of scrutiny. It’s also a time where you can see if MediaBeast is your home, and a time for us to see if you are a good fit for our company. Adhering to the basic rules will earn you a spot on the MediaBeast staff. Otherwise, you will be removed from the staff and wished the best of luck on your future endeavors.
How To Apply
- Your full name
- Your geographical location
- Your age and date of birth
- Any previous experience you have
- Your current consoles/platforms for gaming, including preference
- A sample of writing, preferably on videogames, in .doc, .docx, .txt or .pdf format
When applying for a position, please ensure that all of the above details are included to ensure that the application process is as easy and smooth as possible. Please also make it clear what position you are applying for.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer position, but we still treat it and others with the levels of respect earned at most professional journalistic institutes. Treat this like you’re turning in something for school or a job interview, because we take this seriously. Don’t you want to be paid big bucks for this? I know I do! This is your step on a new journey, so make sure you start on the right foot.
If you think you have what it takes, send the requested information above to: